Tuesday, May 7, 2013

7.5 weeks out



Height: 5'10". Current Weight: 131.4 lbs. We are 7.5 weeks out from NPC Bikini-San Jose Fit Expo. 7.5 solid weeks into cutting. HALF WAY THERE GUYS!

Today's Topic: Positivity and Drive
We really are half-way there! I can't believe I can take all the time I just spent and re-do it! But, at this midway point I'd really like to talk about something that's been beating on my chest. These past couple of days have been somewhat trying for me mentally. I try to keep my head above the negativity and drama but it's Murphy's Law that when you are most happy and content with your life, people with poor attitudes, pretentiousness, and childishness will always try to bring you down. It happened to me at work (one of the most difficult tables I've ever served, right down to a note on the back of my 25% tip that "suggested" that there are better restaurants out there than this one and that I shouldn't be so proud of where I work) and it happened to me in my personal life (never saw that one coming). All I can do is pray that those people can learn to rise above their petty, attention-seeking motivations and that I realize that someone else's opinion is NOT indicative of where I'm going, what I'm doing, or the success I've achieved. I am strong, proud, driven, and not looking back. I'm trying to be the bigger person, I'm trying to do some good spiritual work around these stressors, and I'm okay with letting go of trivial things that are, again, NOT conducive to my goals and aspirations. So it goes.

I don't mean to sound so abrasive in this post. I guess negativity just really gets my gears going. You know, sometimes I walk up to a table at work and I'm just so loud and bubbly that people go "whoa, you're happy!" It's true though! Any minute you spend upset in this life is just a minute you don't get back to be happy. We have to find the good in every situation and the same thing goes for training. When I wake up in the morning I feel so blessed and lucky to be getting into the best shape of my life and spending time with people I care about. I don't want to sink into the depths of other people's sorrows--I want to bring them OUT of there. But, unfortunately, certain people are stubborn and seem to want to purposefully hurt you and throw off their own insecurities on you. Sometimes people don't want to see you happy, but you're going to have to kill them with kindness and let negativity run off your back. I don't want to resent anyone, I don't want to hold on to pain and anger I know wouldn't be there if I could just move on past it. I want to be open, calm, and collected, and so hopefully some yoga and meditation will help me with that today.

Feeling: Better today than the past couple of days. I'm taking a day off from intense cardio today (I will probably just do a short HIIT workout) because tomorrow is gonna be a long day with lifting in the morning and a couple activities (maybe yoga) in the afternoon. Hence why I'm also updating a day early. Got restocked on my Quest bars and my protein. LOVING everything from Serious Nutrition Solutions including the FocusXT pre-workout I mentioned recently. Best stuff I've tried and I've tried A LOT of pre-workouts. Hamstrings are really tight today because coach had me return to Good-Mornings yesterday (4 x 8 at 85#). Excited to bench tomorrow morning--really love upper body day and the way it gets me going.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I have a quick question about your blog, could you email me please? Thanks!!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete