Sunday, May 26, 2013

5 weeks out



Height: 5'10". Current Weight: 129-130 lbs. We are 5 weeks out from NPC Bikini-San Jose Fit Expo. 10 solid weeks into cutting.

Today's Topic: Kicking the Habit
Here we go, guys. 5. weeks. left. This is do or die time! Really honing in on the diet. No cheats. No setbacks. Just clean food and hard work. BECAUSE ITS MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND...Today I wanted to talk about HABITS and ADDICTIONS. You know, I've been really blessed in my life. I can count on two hands the number of times I've actually gone out and DRANK, let alone gotten drunk. But in the past 8 months I think I've had two glasses of alcohol, and the past 5 months I've had no alcohol in my system at all. I was never into the bar scene, never into partying...I played beer bong back in the day for fun, but even then I never LIKED drinking. When I started this fitness journey, I felt as though I could really let myself be at peace with the fact that I DO NOT like the way alcohol, or any other substance for that matter, makes me feel. I've never even HELD a cigarette in my hands, let alone smoked one. It's just never been part of my life, and I'm always going to keep it that way. I made the decision at the beginning of this prep that if ANYTHING--any action or decision--was not conducive to my goals and aspirations, then I wasn't going to partake in it. I no longer have to be ashamed of the fact that I deny my friends' invitations to "go out".

It drives me mad to see people grow dependent on substances and abuse them as they destroy their body and mind. Lately, I've been hearing lots of stories of addiction--but many more about RECOVERY--and it both breaks my heart and fills me with joy. People ask me often: "How do you do this? How do you stay so dedicated, even on the weekends when you go out?" And to that I answer, "What is going out?". Because I don't. And it's not because I don't have a social life, or friends, or don't want to have fun--it's just that abusing or even "enjoying" alcohol or any other substance does not and will not ever help me become the very best me. Alcohol is a waste of calories, but more than that, it just doesn't make me feel right. I went to a dry wedding yesterday, where so many of the guests were in recovery and having so much fun--and I was so inspired by their years of sobriety. And I'm not here to bash on people who love to drink--that's their prerogative. But I would just encourage those of you, especially the ones trying to lose weight or get in shape, or just live an overall BETTER life--how is alcohol ever going to help you do that?

Instead, fill your body with things that BLESS it. Fill it with good foods, and plenty of water. Fill it with refreshing iced tea instead of those Long Islands ;) You'll keep your head clear, your soul free, and your liver clean--afterall it is your LIVEr. And the same thing goes for any other substance--stop smoking and destroying your lungs and shortening your life with that toxic waste.

Feeling: Ate lots of GOOD, CLEAN food yesterday. But indeed I think I exceeded my macro limits. It's okay though--my last little hurrah before crunch time. I even had a bite of RED VELVET CAKE, but I budgeted for it and then sweated it out with 30 minutes in the sauna haha! I'm really overjoyed and excited for the next 5 weeks. It's SUMMER TIME...already have two vacations lined up (one mini, one big). Thanks for all the support guys. And if you or someone you know is struggling with addiction, please reach out to someone you trust, or call the 24 hour addiction hotline 1-800-447-9081. Or send me an email at ilyssagetsfit@gmail.com and I can send you some love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment