Saturday, March 16, 2013

15 weeks out.



Well, today is Day 1 of 105 before my competition. Prep begins today. I've received lots of positive feedback and some negative feedback. I'm feeling kind of discouraged. If you don't want to see these pictures of me "semi-naked," then don't look at this blog. Don't follow my Instagram. Delete me off Facebook. It's really that easy. This is what I want to do--show my progress, track my own body's changes, and keep myself accountable. There are thousands of girls, just like me, who are bikini models and aspiring competitors, and they show their progress on blogs and Instagrams. If you think I'm unique or bizarre in doing this--I'm not. You probably haven't surrounded yourself with people who are doing the things I'm doing so it seems foreign to you. I'm in a community that is very committed to maintaining a public influence for motivation, accountability, and potential sponsorships.

With that being said, I'm sorry if I've put off an air of vanity and self-pretentiousness. I'm sorry if my pictures have offended you--I will try to be a bit more modest. But my goals are my own, and for all the people that expressed concern (or those have not said one word of support at all) I'm going to work even harder to show you why this was all worth it. Gotta keep telling myself, Don't let the bastards get you down. Keep your head up. Work harder every day.

And for those that HAVE been SO supportive--powerlifting friends, coach, Alex, Max, and other friends--Thank you. Thank you for believing in me, sticking by me, encouraging me when others wouldn't, and reminding me that I could win this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment